Moku Roots in Lahaina, Maui

Hi Folks,

I just got back from Maui and while it might be one of the most beautiful places on earth, it is not the easiest place to be sober or vegan. Fortunately I was not tempted to drink but I was definitely tempted to eat some fo the local fare. Pretty much everywhere I looked there was authentic Hawaiian cuisine as well as traditional “steak & seafood” offerings that looked pretty tasty. Every time I got in the elevator to go anywhere I had to see this:

Fortunately I did a little searching around and found this little gem in Lahaina:

I want to clone this place and open one in Los Angeles. Their food was fantastic their zero waste philosophy was inspirational. You can read all about it here:

We ordered the mushroom sushi, the taro burger, and the vegetable and hummus platter. Everything was fantastic.

The staff was super friendly and informative. I can’t say enough good things about this place. If you are ever in Lahaina on Maui I would highly recommend eating at Moku Roots. Here are some pictures of the restaurant and the menu:

The Yelp page is here:

#SoberVegan

Found an awesome vegan place last time I was in Honolulu. There are also some great ones on Kauai. Thanks for the tip!