Ben Affleck ends things with Shauna Sexton to focus on his 'sobriety and family': Reports

Ben Affleck ends things with Shauna Sexton to focus on his ‘sobriety and family’: Reports

By Ishani Ghose · Updated On : 02:41 PST, 10 Oct 2018

Ben Affleck has ended things with rumored girlfriend Shauna Sexton, just a few days after the pair’s romantic vacation to Montana

Ben Affleck has called off his fling with Shauna Sexton in order to focus on his ‘sobriety and family.’ The couple’s brief romance ended only a few days after they had taken a vacation to Montana. During their vacation, 22-year-old Shauna had posted a picture of 46-year-old Ben Affleck on her social media for the first time.

As reported by People, a friend of Affleck’s shared, “There was nothing to split from as it has been casual. He enjoyed being with her but is working on himself, and being together with her at this time is not something that works. He will date in the future, but for now, his focus is on his sobriety, family and his next project.”

“Montana is a special place for Ben. It’s where he can go to get away. He has spent a lot of time there both with the family and by himself at his house,” a family friend shared with People. “It’s a good and a healthy place for him to be. He goes there to clear his mind and be out in nature. There’s no distractions and it’s very peaceful.”

Ben Affleck and Shauna were first spotted together while on a romantic dinner date at Nobu on August 16. This was less than a week before Ben got checked into rehab in order to treat his alcohol addiction on August 22. Shauna was seen driving Ben’s SUV only a few days after Ben checked into the rehab and she had even visited him a couple of times when he was at the treatment center.

Once Ben had finished his treatment, the pair was also seen together at his house. The couple went off on vacation together, later on, that same week. Ben Affleck took to Instagram to share with his fans and followers a long statement about the pair’s Montana getaway and also revealed that he is still continuing outpatient care after his 40-day stay at the treatment center.

Ben’s statement read, “The support I have received from my family, colleagues, and fans mean more to me than I can say. It’s given me the strength and support to speak about my illness with others. Battling any addiction is a lifelong and difficult struggle. Because of that, one is never really in or out of treatment. It is a full-time commitment. I am fighting for myself and my family.”

Ben Affleck and ex-wife Jennifer Garner are parents to three children- 12-year-old Violet, 9-year-old Seraphina, and 6-year-old Samuel.