About the Recovery Program Reviews category

There are as many options for treatment and recovery as forms of addiction. Please discuss or ask questions about all programs here.

Twelve Steps, No Steps, Religious, Spiritual, Secular, and others…

There are as many options for treatment and recovery as there are forms of addiction. There are even more opinions on which programs are most effective. It is natural for anyone to feel a loyalty to the program that helped them achieve and maintain their sobriety. Some programs even encourage their members to carry it’s message to others as part of their recovery. There could be someone reading this today who is looking to make a change and your insight might be helpful to them. Please share your knowledge about the pros and cons of various treatment and recovery programs so we can all learn from your experience.

Some ideas on what to share might include, but are not limited to, the following. These are merely suggestions:

• What should I know about various 12 step programs?

• What are the alternatives to 12 step programs?

• What are my options if I am the parent, spouse or child of an alcoholic or addict?

• What are the available secular programs if I don’t believe in God or a Higher Power?

• Are there any gender or race specific programs if that makes me feel more comfortable?

As always, please express yourself freely but try to be respectful of others. You never know what impact your words might have on someone else.

Thank you,
Admin